Are you an experienced SRE who'd like to join a greenfield project from the very outset? As an Site Reliability Engineer, would you like to join a start-up business being runs as part of an incubator program within one of the worlds best investment banks.
Our client, has the agility of a start-up, but with the full resources behind it of a leading investment bank. The start-up is creating a digital end to end, fully cloud native, solution to disrupt the way large scale loans are managed (>$200M), an industry that's stood still for 30 years and is ripe for disruption.
The company is keen to onboard an Senior SRE at the very beginning of this project to ensure best practices are incorporated from the very outset of the project.
As an experienced SRE, you'll have experience of:
- Bringing a software engineering mindset to automate the build, deployment, operation and monitoring of cloud native large scale on-line mission critical platforms
- 5+ years experience in an SRE role, with solid experience of IaC technologies
- Setting strategic direction, instilling best practices while also still enjoying being hands-on
- Strong software development in Python and good working knowledge of AWS
- Collaborating with others to influence change
The requirements for you as a Site Reliability Engineer are:
- Degree or above in a STEM subject
- 7+ years commercial experience in software engineering roles, with at least 5 in an SRE role
- Strong Python experience and knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
This is a rare opportunity to join at the outset of a multi-year initiative as opposed to fire fighting at the end of a project.
Having worked at the investment bank backing this firm for 17 years myself, I can honestly say you'll be working with some exceptional people.
Strong SREs are encouraged to apply and are promised a response within 24 hours.
Re-location assistance and VISA sponsorship is available.
The Difference Engine is a Recruitment company working on behalf of its clients.