Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking for a new challenge? As an experienced data engineer, do you enjoy designing and building robust data platforms?
Our client is a well established Fund Manager that has continued to thrive, despite COVID, with £8Bn AUM. Founded by industry veterans, the culture is truly unique, where thoughtfulness, respect and patience are at the heart of every decision.
Having helped them find their CTO, we're now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help take stock of the firms existing data platform and help re-factor and / or replace to ensure the firm can continue to grow.
As an experienced data engineer, you'll have experience of:
- Designing and implementing scalable data platforms with associated pipelines
- Being hands-on with the implementation, using CI/CD to ensure predictable and high quality deliveries
- Helping to hire, grow and coach other team members
- Collaborating with other engineers to drive best practices, share knowledge and creating an inclusive respectful culture
The requirements for you as a senior data engineer are:
- Degree or above in a STEM subject
- At least 5+ years experience in software engineering, ideally with a focus on building data lakes and pipelines
- Experience of working in an agile mode, leveraging CI/CD best practices
- Strong Python experience knowledge of Pandas
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server database development
- Proven knowledge of Azure Services & Data Architectures
- Some knowledge of tools like Power BI, Tableau or similar BI tools
The ideal Head of Infrastructure and Support should be inquisitive, enjoy being technical and want to be in a team surrounded by super-smart people.
Strong Data Engineers with SQL Server experience should apply and can expect a response within 24 hours.
The Difference Engine is a Recruitment company working on behalf of its clients