Senior Azure DevOps Engineer (Salary ca. £75k)
Are you a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer comfortable working in an Agile environment to drive best practice with continuous delivery and associated DevOps practices?
As a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer with a broad technical background, do you want to work on delivering projects which makes use of the latest Azure tools and help drive automation capabilities across European and Global systems?
Our client, who we’ve worked with for over 10 years, is a $1.5Bn European focused business supported by over 150 engineers, working in an Agile environment, based near Staines, with over 2500 engineers globally supporting a $25Bn global business.
You will have ownership of the firm’s Azure PaaS and the automated release pipeline from Dev to Production environment, as well as ensure solid governance and performance management processes are followed as you work with development teams and the wider IT organisation.
Skills you will have as a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer:
- Creation of scripts using PowerShell or similar for software development
- Experience with ARM templates
- Working knowledge of the following
- Azure Networks
- Azure PaaS services
- Java Script, XML, HTML, CSS, ASP.Net, C# or VB.Net
- Familiarity with server-based Version Control Systems (e.g. TFS, GIT)
- Proven experience with automated build and deployment tools using Microsoft VSTS
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Azure IaaS
- ASP.NET Core, MVC framework, RESTful services is an advantage
- Application Performance Monitoring tools (App Insights, Dynatrace)
- Azure Functions, Logic apps, Traffic manager, Application service environment (ASE) hosting
- Ability to take a leadership role in a technical environment
If you are a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer who loves working with technologies and services to improve systems and wants the opportunity to contribute in a highly successful firm, we’d love to hear from you.
Promising Senior Azure DevOps Engineers can be assured of a response within 24 hours.
The Difference Engine is a recruitment agency working on behalf of its clients.