Our client is the leading UK life insurer, with over £37Bn under management and insuring annuities of over 750k individuals. They specialise in bulk annuities and other derisking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes and insurance companies. They provide unique solutions for clients seeking to migrate financial and longevity risk, aiming to create structures that are tailor-made to suit the needs of scheme members, trustees and corporates.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team who partner with the operation division and drive operational efficiencies. Working closely with Operations you’ll be helping identify and implement solutions to increase automation and drive operational efficiency.
- A strong desire to deliver immediate benefit to your clients in a fast paced environment
- A curious mindset with the desire to learn new skills and drive innovation
- Knowledge of financial services, ideally within a pension / insurance domain
- A strategic mindset with a focus on quality and harmonisation
- Experience of leading a team while being hands-on
- A polyglot programmer who is keen to learning new languages
- Solid experience of working with medium sized data-set using an RDBMS
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Application Developer using an object orientated language
- In depth knowledge of an RDBMS with experience in schema design, optimisation & data cleansing
- Improving & driving quality standards within the team (e.g. TDD, CI etc..)
- Hold at least a 2:1 or equivalent degree from a leading university in a relevant subject (e.g. Computing, Mathematics, Physics )
- Knowledge of proprietary banking technologies like Athena, Quartz or Slang highly attractive for the role
- Python would be desirable