As as Java Engineer would you like working with a world leading R&D team at the forefront of Machine Learning models to aid Java developers as they write code? As a strong Java Engineer who understands the internals of the JVM and the Spring Framework, would you like to be surrounded by super-smart people off whom you can both learn and contribute?
Our client, founded by Professors of Computing who are leaders in their field, reason about the behaviour of software to help automate parts of the SDLC. With a great set of investors, their products are already live with Tier 1 banks and well known public cloud providers
They are looking for Java Engineers to join their team who will focus on growing out the infrastructure to support their expanding enterprise client base.
- Design and build complex Core Java software in an Agile environment, using industry best practices
- Participate in code reviews, pull-request development, pair programming and test development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework an the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges
Optional but desirable skills:
- Experience with compiler architectures, parsers and syntax trees
Strong Java engineers are encouraged to apply and will recieve a response within 24 hours. Our client is unable to sponsor VISAs at this time.
The Difference Engine is a Recruitment company working on behalf of its clients.