Our client, a globally successful, well-funded FinTech with Ivy-league educated (MIT & Berkley) leadership is looking for functional engineers who want to help contribute to the growth of the firms products. Established in 2013, this is an award winning technology company at the leading edge of automated decision-making within the regulatory space. Their platform is live with a number of Tier 1 investment firms and with offices in New York and London they are looking to grow their team in response to significant client demand.
With a passion for functional programming (Clojure | LISP | Haskell | Idris | Elm), an interest in mathematics and proof assistants (Coq | Agda ) and the enthusiasm, energy and curiosity to explore innovative ways of solving complex problems you’ll be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
They are looking for a senior engineer to join their team in NY to help provide oversight and technical mentoring to the more junior members of the team.
Successful candidates should be:
- Degree educated (Mathematics and / or Computing); Secondary degrees (e.g. MPhil, PhD) highly desirable
- High energy, naturally curious and keen to solve hard problems
- Experienced in functional programming ( Clojure | LISP | Haskell | Idris | Elm) and able to design simple and elegant solutions
- Keen to self-learn and share their knowledge with the team around them
- Have experience delivering enterprise quality software in a large organisation
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Recent experience with a functional programming language ( Clojure | LISP | Haskell | Idris)
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Experience with proof assistants (Agda | Coq)
- Experience building React applications and REST APIs
- Experience using an RDBMS such as Postgres
If you meet the above criteria and want to work in a fast growing, financially secure technology company, surrounded by a talented team, where you can both learn and contribute, please get in touch
Promising Functional Programmer candidates can be assured of a response within 24 hours.