Documentation Manager, needed by our AI/NLP client to work closely alongside their Product team to help advance their Product offering into current and new clients. This is an exciting time to be joining this firm. The company has a presence in both the City of London and New York and is entering a phase of hyper-scaling early 2020.
We need an organised, detail oriented Technical Writer / Technical Author to join their rapidly growing, successful, award-winning business. You must be comfortable providing documentation that will support software engineering. Also key is experience of working in to agile methodology to produce continually evolving and dynamic documents. We're not looking for an archivist, but rather someone that can work in agile way to keep up with the ongoing evolution of documentation as code and requirements change.
This is a rare opportunity for the successful Technical Writer / Author to provide a framework for Documentation Management. Our client is also looking to you to pull together a strategy, to execute on your vision for best-in-class processes to manage technical documentation within the firm.
As part of the Product department, your work will also involve liaising with a number of stakeholders to include software engineers, data scientists and end clients to produce high quality documentation, within the framework you establish to manage these information repositories.
Essential for the role:-
- Minimum 6 years' experience in the field
- Experience with topic-based authoring.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have experience working to Agile methodologies
- Experience with the set up and management of documentation systems (or the desire to learn this).
- An attention to detail, with strong organisational skills.
- An ability to work on multiple projects and manage timelines in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with common engineering team tools such as Confluence, Jira, GitHub/Bitbucket, Jenkins/CircleCI or other workflow/source/automation tools.
- Familiarity with content development tools and formats like Markdown, reStructuredText, Hugo or Sphinx.
- Comfortable documenting B2B software. Would suit someone with experience writing technical documentation for machine learning software and workflows; the purpose and intended usage of API’s; deployment and configuration instructions; target infrastructure requirements; product feature sets; release notes.
This is an excellent opportunity to help make a positive mark on a high growth company, with full autonomy to both design and implement your vision for a best of breed documentation management process.
You also get the chance to help provide critical business support through the authoring of clear, high quality documentation.
We enjoy a very strong relationship with this client and have a great understanding of what success looks like for them, so if you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Promising candidates can be assured of a response within 24 hours.
The Difference Engine are a recruitment business working on behalf of our client.