Senior Python Engineer / Senior Python Developer
Are you a Senior Python Engineer who enjoys working on hard problems?
- How do I create a scalable, cost efficient architecture capable of handling 100s of millions of rows of data? How do I optimise the analytics engine to ensure great usability by our clients?
- How do I best partner with leading data scientists to extract, cleanse and persist the data they need from our client’s internal infrastructures?
- What’s the most important piece of technical debt that we need to address in the next release of our product?
These are just some of the questions that our client is looking for a Senior Python Engineer to help address. As an early stage start-up, they’ve developed a great product that is about to go live with their first client, but with a massive pipeline of new clients waiting in the wings, they need a senior engineer to help them drive the evolution of their predictive financing solution that is maximising client profitability.
With a super-strong team (Cambridge, Imperial, Edinburgh, PhDs, ex Goldman Sachs), they are looking for a strong full stack python engineer to join their team who loves designing and implementing highly performant solutions. With an interest in Big Data and experience of managing large data pipelines, you’ll work closely with their data science team to evolve their product.
If you’re passionate about software development, love keeping up to date with the latest technologies and enjoy understanding what sits beneath the covers and how to tune for high performance, then this could be a great fit.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of software engineering in a commercial environment with a strong exposure to Python during that time
- Experience of working in a public cloud environment, ideally AWS
- An interest in data engineering / science, ideally with some exposure to R, but not essential
- A desire to work in a start-up environment where you’ll get broad exposure
- A genuine love of software engineering with a curiosity that means you know what’s happening under the covers
- A positive and can-do attitude
What you’ll get in return:
- The opportunity to work on a brand-new product that’s best in its class
- Be surrounded by super-smart people of whom you can learn, grow and contribute
- To get very broad exposure to the entire SDLC / Product lifecycle that is hard to come by in larger firms
- To solve some really tough problems, from scale through encryption
- A cool, start-up environment
- Competitive Salary with the opportunity for equity based on strong performance
- Working in a fantastic WeWork office in the heart of the city
Promising Senior Python Engineers can be assured of a response within 24 hours.