EPoS Systems Engineer (6-month Contract, from £300/day)
Are you a EPoS Systems Engineer who enjoys working on improving processes and implementing the latest Chip and Pin technology?
As an EPoS Systems Engineer, do you want ownership to drive operational reliability and improvements, working closely with vendors and support teams on existing and future technology?
Our client, who we’ve worked with for over 10 years, is a $1.5Bn European focused business supported by over 150 engineers based near Staines, with over 2500 engineers globally supporting a $25Bn global business. The firm invest heavily in people, the local community and the environment and their UK team has more than doubled in size over the last 3 years.
The Payment Service team are responsible for the development and maintenance of systems and services used by Clients and Customers to process payments for business transactions throughout their European locations, across multiple platforms including Websites, Mobile apps, Tablets & Kiosks.
You will have responsibility for key existing payment technology and additionally get to work on implementation of new chip and pin payment technology based on NFC/Bluetooth enabled mobile phones and tablets.
Skills you will have as an EPoS Systems Engineer:
- Experience and strong understanding of TCP/IP communication protocols
- Experience working with the Windows Server environment
- Strong working knowledge of DHCP, DNS servers, and custom COM objects used in DHCP assignment and lookup
- Knowledge of enterprise-level computer system concepts (servers, storage, database, middleware, networking, etc.)
- Strong understanding of current Payment industry trends and technologies to include Bluetooth and NFC etc.
- Prior experience with Chip & Pin devices and Point of Sale systems
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a larger team
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with industry standard security techniques and PCI standards
- Fluency in other European languages including German, French, and/or Spanish
- Experience using Ingenico counter device products including their TEM product
If you are a, EPoS Systems Engineer who loves working with the latest payment technologies and wants the opportunity to contribute in a highly successful firm, we’d love to hear from you.
Promising EPoS Systems Engineers can be assured of a response within 24 hours.
The Difference Engine is a recruitment agency working on behalf of its clients.