Java / C++ Developer - Investment Banking, London
Java / C++ Developers required by our client - a Tier 1 US-headquartered Investment Bank - to work within their Front Office Equities team on a high throughput ultra-low latency trading system. Prior experience of high throughput/low-latency is required in a banking environment
Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for front to back trading systems like order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing, internalization, clearing and securities lending.
Understand market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings, front to back business functions and build systems to facilitate them.
Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building C++ or Java systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
- Prior experience with Event Sourcing (Sequenced core stream) based architecture.
- Experience building high performance cash equities trading systems (such as matching engines and trading systems at high volume Exchanges).
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Off-heap memory management,
- Distributed server software experience
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
Interested Java / C++ developers are encouraged to apply. Promising Java Developers can be assured of a response within 24 hours. The Difference Engine is an agency working on behalf of its client.