Java Developer – Investment Banking, London
Java Developers required by our client – a Tier 1 US-headquartered Investment Bank – to work within their Engineering team. Prior experience of investment banking is NOT mandatory for this opportunity.
The team is looking for bright, enthusiastic java developers to help solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for their clients. The solutions you build will help power the firm's continued industrialisation through automation, digitisation and orchestration.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience of relevant transactional processing experience, and detailed knowledge of data structure and algorithms.
- Experience in developing distributed real-time systems
- Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
- Working experience with databases
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, regression testing, and Business Driven Development
- Strong OO design skills and experience
- Design Patterns knowledge
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
- Web development skills (Vert-x, NodeJS, etc) would be an advantage
- Experience of sequencer-based architectures would be an advantage
Candidates across industries are encouraged to get in touch.
Interested developers are encouraged to apply. Promising Java Developers can be assured of a response within 24 hours. The Difference Engine is an agency working on behalf of its client.