Experienced DevOps Engineer required by our award winning fintech client, based in beautiful, custom fitted offices near downtown NY. Our client is an innovative company providing solutions for mission-critical, low-latency services for many of the world's most demanding and successful financial institutions.
The firm are taking their success to new industry verticals, to include healthcare and autonomous vehicles.
As an experienced DevOps engineer, you will be the go-to person for all things DevOps for the NY technology function. You will work in close collaboration with a DevOps counterpart that sits in London, England.
Essential DevOps experience for the role includes:-
- Degree educated with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (eg Java, Clojure, Python).
- Experience designing, building and administering scalable cloud-based architectures, both for internal and client-facing software deployment. AWS experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, including continuous integration/delivery pipelines.
- Experience configuring, managing and optimizing internal and external-facing networks. Demonstrated
- Knowledge of network fundamentals.
- Proficiency with logging infrastructure and tools.
- Experience securing application, network and machine infrastructure to enterprise standards. This includes
- Identity and access management, data protection, encryption, and key and certificate management.
- Experience meeting enterprise standards for BCP and disaster recovery.
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience working with and managing clients and external partners.
- Ability to optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Strong on creating and supporting technical documentation.
Important for the role is a demonstration of strong written and oral communication skills alongside strong attention to detail. This position will suit you if you're strong in DevOps and self-motivated and an excellent problem solver. If you're committed to providing an exceptional client experience, within a warm and supportive close knit team, this is for you.
For further information on this opportunity please get in touch. Promising candidates can be assured of a response within 24 hours. The Difference Engine are a recruitment business working on behalf of our client.