Data Engineer SQL, Java – 6 Month Contract (Up to £650/day)
Our Finance sector client has a role for a Data Engineer with solid SQL and Java experience.
You will be part of the team migrating clients from legacy systems to their new strategic data platform.
Key components of the role include:
- Strong client relationship management to understand data needs
- Documenting legacy data flows
- Migrating legacy SQL queries to the new platform
- Good communicator, collaborative and work well in a team environment.
- Strong SQL Knowledge (including stored procedures)
- Database skills, e.g. Sybase, DB2, MemSQL
- Java programming experience (writing RESTful API’s)
- Equity execution business experience.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Spark).
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Promising applicants can be assured of a response within 24 hours.